NinJo View is the basic software product for the visualization and processing of meteorological data.
Amongst others, NinJo View contains the following layers and applications:
- Main Window Application (to display one main scene and up to three secondary scenes),
- Surface Data Layer (surface observations, such as SYNOP or BUOY, as well as point forecast data),
- NWP-Model Layer (regular gridded numerical weather prediction output fields),
- Meteogram application,
- Satellite Data Layer (visualization of different satellite channels and composites from geostationary and polar-orbiting satellites and of derived nowcasting products),
- Radar Layer (radar products both as composites and single radar drill-downs),
- Sounding Data Layer and Application (visualization of atmospheric soundings),
- SatSounding Layer,
- SatFeature Layer,
- SatWind Layer
- Aviation layer (for application in aviation meteorology; e.g. METAR and TAF reports),
- Lightning Layer (lightning events according to age and polarity),
- SCIT Layer (storm cell identification and tracking),
- Road weather layer (displaying data from national road weather networks),
- MOS (Model Output Statistics) Data Layer,
- Ocean Profile Layer and Application,
- AutoMON layer and application (Information on incoming data including severe weather situations)
- Cross Section Layer and application,
- Trajectory Layer,
- Webcam Layer,
- Fill Layer and
- Geographical layers to visualize geographical information (geocoded vector and raster data; parallels and meridians; distance rings and radials).
On the server side, NinJo View includes:
- Configuration server and import,
- Radar data server and import,
- Grid data server and import for GRIB1 (regular fields),
- Satellite data server and import,
- Point data server and import for observation data, imported by GloBUS, point forecast data, lightning data, storm cell data, station catalogue data, trajectory data, and
- PointSet data server and import.
The modular software architecture of NinJo View is open for future data formats and forms of representation.
The NinJo Product software allows the automatic creation of products on servers in batch mode as well as the interactive generation of products using the NinJo Client. NinJo Product supports editing and storing meteorological objects such as fronts and complete products like forecast charts. Several graphical export formats are available (TIFF, PNG, etc.). Additionally, the editing, production and monitoring of weather warnings is included.
Amongst others, NinJo Product contains the following layers and applications in addition to the ones provided by NinJo View:
- EPM (Editing, Production and Monitoring),
- IGE Grid Layer,
- MMO (Modified Model Output) Editor Layer,
- MetObject Layer,
- OOG (Objective Optimised Guidance) Data Layer,
- NinJo Product Workbench, and
- NinJo Batch (including the NinJo Batch Designer and the NinJo Batch Monitor).